Adapted from MRG’s Best Practices in Shaping Organisational Culture.
Establish clarity by defining the cultural values you want to include in your organisation:
- What do you want people to be most inspired by?
- What do you want people to be most challenged by?
- How do you want your employees to describe their organisational culture?
To establish the direction of where to focus your efforts, measure what is happening in practice at your organisation.
It’s important to think about how you may incentivise desired behaviour to ensure that your cultural aspirations meet your organisation’s reality.
Although it’s usual to focus on what practices to add, it’s just as important to take note of any potential cultural ‘derailers’ that your organisation may need to relinquish:
- What is your organisation no longer prepared to tolerate?
- What is not acceptable in your culture?
To talk to us about measuring your leadership culture and current leadership practices, please click here.